Objective scope and applicability
The domain name www.edinora.com is owned by JP & GP Marketers and Consultants Pvt Ltd., a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 with its registered office at No.KP8/934, Pranavam, Kochalummoodu, Mudapuram Post, chirayinkeezhu, Trivandrum, Kerala, India - 695304.
Further, you agree and consent to receive all communications related to our services on the mobile number provided by you to the Company, even if such mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under the Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018 (“TRAI Regulations”). Notwithstanding your registration with the National Do Not Call Registry (In Fully or Partly blocked category under National Customer Preference Register set up under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), you hereby express your interest and accord informed consent to receive communications (including commercial communications) in relation to the Company’s services. You further confirm that no communication to you from the Company or on behalf of the Company shall be construed as Unsolicited Commercial Communication under Regulation 2(bw) of the TRAI Regulations and you have specifically opted to receive communications in this regard on the mobile number provided by you.
For the purpose of this Policy, the term “Personal Information” shall mean any information that relates to you, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with the Company, is capable of identifying you, which is submitted to and/or collected over the Platform and maintained by the Company in an accessible form, provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
HOW & WHAT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT??
We may collect (i) personally identifiable information like name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. (ii) personal information and (iii) sensitive personal information. While you can browse some sections of our Website without requiring registration, certain activities (such as placing an order) or accessing certain areas of the Website shall require you to register. We may also maintain a record of your product interest and acquire information about you for our present and/or future affiliates.
The IT Act and the IT Rules define personal information as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such a person.
The IT Act and the IT Rules define sensitive personal data or information of a person as meaning such personal information which consists of information relating to: (i) password, (ii) financial information such as details of Bank accounts, debit or credit card, (iii) physical, psychological and mental health condition, (iv) sexual orientation, (v) medical records and history, (vi) biometric information, (vii) any detail relating to the above as provided to the body corporate for providing a service, and (viii) any of the information received under each of the heads by the body corporate for processing, or to be stored or processed under a lawful contract. Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of the IT Rules.
If you decide to purchase our products or avail our services, our third-party services providers may need to collect certain additional information, like your credit or debit card number and expiration date, bank routing and account number.
Device Information. When you are connected to our services via custom applications (apps), we may collect device-specific information such as your device model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. We may associate your unique device identifier or phone number with information that you may have used to register for certain services or purchase products. Server logs that are maintained by us or by our third-party service providers may contain information about the services that you have used, and your device-specific information. We may also maintain digital communication logs that track information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information. We may use your device’s IP address or MAC address to track device-event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
Specialized Information. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches. Certain services may include a unique application number in connection with the installation of apps. This number and information, including, without limitation, operating system type and app version number may be sent to our service providers when you install, update or uninstall apps. We may also collect and process information about your actual location.
At other times, JP & GP marketers and Consultants Pvt Ltd. may collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit our Website. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION??
We communicate with you through a variety of means and channels, including our Platform, email, phone or text messaging on your mobile phone, although we do generally note that our preferred means of communication is email which has the least impact on the environment. Such communications may involve giving to you, as well as receiving information from you.
We collect and receive the Personal Information in the following ways:
• When you submit your Personal Information on our Platform: The Company collects and stores the Personal Information that you provide while using our Platform including when you enter your Personal Information into data fields on the Platform as part of a voluntary registration process. We also collect and store your Personal Information through sponsored social media platforms, events, etc. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, e-mail address, and/or other information in order to register, place orders for the Products, receive information about various Products, register for newsletters, receive offers, contact Company’s customer care service, or respond to the Company’s surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide the Company with any information that is not specifically requested or that you do not wish to share. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use our Platform or certain features of our Platform.
• Automatic collection: We automatically collect and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Such information includes information about your use of the Platform, your interaction with content and services available through the Platform. Like many websites, unidentifiable information may be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags, and web beacons. Your Internet browser automatically transmits to the Platform some of this unidentifiable information, such as the URL of the Website you just visited and the browser version your computer is operating. Passive information collection technologies can make your use of the Platform easier by allowing the Company to provide better service, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Platform. Certain features of the Platform may not work without use of passive information collection technologies. Information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identify you without additional identifiable information. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device.
• Other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Further, we may receive information about you from third parties that feature our Products or promotional offers if you opt-in to receive information from us. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or social media sites through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) Personal Information about you, including usage information. We may also receive information, such as marketing related or demographic information about you from third parties to enhance our ability to tailor our content and offer you the Products that we believe may be of interest to you. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party websites which it does not own, manage or control.
We allow you to choose (“opt out”)whether your information is to be disclosed to a non-related third party for purposes other than Edinora related communications, business or services. For sensitive personal information, e.gFinancial information, Edinora will give individuals the opportunity to explicitly (opt in) consent to the disclosure of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Edinora shall treat sensitive personal information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat it.
The information contained on our Website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on our Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Edinora. We have no control over the nature, content or availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
The Company may use your Personal Information to:
• verify your identity;
• fulfill the Product purchases and transactions;
• communicate with you about your account and activities on the Platform;
• sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication;
• allow us to better serve you in responding to your requests;
• to respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
• administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
• ask for ratings and reviews of the Products;
• follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
• allow you to log in with a social media account and share activities on your social media pages;
• comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our terms and conditions;
• help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
• conduct marketing and performance research to assist us in measuring our customer services, benchmarking our performance and to help us improve your shopping experiences and Product offerings;
• send communication related to order updates and offers through e-mail, SMS and social media channels;
• do internal research on our Customer’s demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you;
• provide you with exclusive offers at the Platform, tailor content, advertisements, and we provide you, and improve the Platform and/or for internal business purposes;
• analyze trends, track Customer’s web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart for aggregate use;
• determine which of the store locations containing our Products may be closest to you, provide promotional offers, and to offer Products to you;
• prevent, detect, investigate and take action against crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes), any other illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of Company’s terms and conditions in any jurisdiction;
• establish, exercise or defend legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seek professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings; and
• comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
The legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information:
• Performance of a Contract: some of the Personal Information processed is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you. An example of this would be where we process your Personal Information for delivering the Products ordered by you on our Platform.
• Legitimate Interest: legitimate interests will include where we send you marketing information about our Products, communicate with you in order to serve you better.
• Compliance with a Legal Obligation: for certain types of processing it is necessary in order to allow us to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where we are required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
• Consent: Finally, in certain limited situations, we rely on your consent in order to process your Personal Information. Where we require your consent in order to collect and process certain Personal Information, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured. You can withdraw your consent, as per this Policy where applicable, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• We may also collect and/or generate anonymized and aggregated information from your use of the Platform. The anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information since we are not able to re-identify you using any means available to us from that anonymized or aggregated information. The anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including to help us identify and remediate any bugs, and to improve the performance of our Platform. The Company may use such information in a number of ways, including internal analysis, analytics and research. We may share this information with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
• We maintain a social media presence, such as a Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and a Twitter feed. You can interact with us through social media, such as by entering our contests, posting content, sharing material from our Platform, and using our social media plug-ins. When you interact with us using social media, we may receive information such as your user ID, your profile picture, photos you post, and similar information, which is often determined by your privacy settings at the relevant social media sites. We may use the information for the purposes we have described throughout this Policy. Your use of social media sites is primarily governed by the site operators’ privacy policies and terms of service, and the information you share with us and with others is largely controlled by the privacy settings you have established at those sites.
• Payment Information: You may provide payment information when you use the Platform to buy our Products, including credit card numbers, billing information using third-party intermediary PCI-DSS compliant service providers. The payment information is provided directly by you, via the Platform, into the PCI/DSS-compliant payment processing service to which the Company subscribes, and the Company does not, itself, process or store the payment information, except as stated herein. Further, these intermediaries are not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for payment processing on our behalf.
• If you use the Platform, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access information and password. You are responsible for restricting access to your computer, mobile device, etc., and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password. We cannot secure any information that you release on your own, that you request us to release or that is released through another third party to whom you have given access.
• In case of our customer care support, we may record calls for quality and training purposes.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
• Only the persons authorized by us shall have access to your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information only to those mentioned below and they are either subject to this Policy or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Policy:
• Our affiliates and third parties;
• Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions which inter alia include beauty partners providing beauty services to the Customers. However, these service providers will not be authorized to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements;
• We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to any third party.
• Should we plan to merge/sell all or substantially all of our business to another business entity or similar other transaction or be required by that business entity, we may transfer or disclose your Personal Information to that business entity who may collect, use or disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating the proposed transaction or for operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business or for other purposes identified in this Policy.
• We may share Personal Information with our other corporate entities who may use the said information in accordance with this Policy to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud, and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our Platform. If you have any objection to such sharing, then we request not provide us with any information.
• We may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf consistent with this Policy. Examples include order processing companies, courier companies, data analysis firms, customer support specialists, email vendors, web-hosting companies and fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings). Such third parties may be provided with access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but may not use such information other than on our behalf and in accordance with this Policy.
• In addition, in some instances, you may be offered the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your information with a third party such as an event or promotion co-sponsor. If you consent, we will share your information with such third parties and the information you provide may be used by such third parties for their own purposes and in accordance with their own policies.
• Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy, we may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to any court orders or other legal processes. We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement offices, third party rights owners, or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms and Conditions or Policy; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of our Customers or the general public.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• We will retain your Personal Information only as long as it is reasonably required or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. We may also retain your Personal Information so long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (including for purposes of meeting any legal, administrative, accounting, or other reporting requirements). Your Personal Information is safeguarded against inappropriate access and disclosure, as per this Policy.
• We also maintain appropriate and adequate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
• The Platform provides an option to all the Customers to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to receive any promotional or marketing communications from us, you can contact us at the address provided below.
• Your Choices to opt-out:
You have the following choices with how your Personal Information is used:
What you need to do
Updating your Personal Information in relation to your account
You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the "My Account" page or calling customer care executive.
Receiving newsletters and promotional emails
You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive. Alternatively, you may edit your email preferences on your “My Account” page or call customer care executives to discontinue receiving any promotional materials by mail/ e-mail.
Remove content from Customer review
You can remove content that you posted on a public space, such as part of a ratings and review, by e-mailing details to email@example.com . Please note that we will endeavour and try to honour your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet viz. historical copies, or "caches," may remain.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you have consented to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information as identified in this Policy, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Where you are providing location information via a mobile app, you may turn off your location services on your device at any time. Please note that any processing that we have carried out before the withdrawal of your consent remains lawful. Provided that, notwithstanding such request, this information may be retained to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may store Personal Information using our own secure on-site servers or other internally hosted technology. Your Personal Information may also be stored by third parties, via cloud services or other technology, with whom the Company has contracted, to support the Company's business operations.
These third parties do not use or have access to your Personal Information other than for cloud storage and retrieval, and the Company requires such parties to employ at least the same level of security that we use to protect your Personal Information.
DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information for those purposes and will make sure that your privacy is protected. We shall take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify Personal Information that is no longer needed.
DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
• understand and save Customer’s preferences for future visits.
• keep track of advertisements.
• compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
• you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. You may look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
• if you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the Customer’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to place orders.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS AND CONTENT
If you post any comments or content on our Platform, you should be aware that any information you choose to provide there may be read, collected, or used by third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit, and we cannot guarantee that third parties have not made copies of or will not use such information in any way.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS OR SITES
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
At present, we work with the following analytic partners:
• We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
• We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding the Customer interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Platform.
• The Customers can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
We provide you with a means for submitting your resume or other information through our Platform for consideration for employment opportunities at the Company. Information received through resume submissions will be kept confidential. We may contact you for additional information to supplement your resume, and we may use your information within the Company, or keep it on file for future use, as we make our hiring decisions.
Our Platform is not designed for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may browse our Platform, but please do not provide your Personal Information to us. For example, you cannot register. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a visitor under the age of eighteen (18) on the Platform, we will delete the information from our records.
• We endeavour to protect the Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information, regardless of the format in which it is held. We use various methods to safeguard Personal Information. They include:
• Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and alarm systems.
• Technical tools: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
• Organizational controls: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
• Online security is also a priority. We incorporate security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilized to protect our servers and network from unauthorized users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
• Further, we attempt to keep your Personal Information up-to-date, accurate in the best possible manner as it may be necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We value the importance you attach to your Personal Information given to us and therefore we have (i) taken all reasonable measures and precautions to keep such information safe and secure and to prevent any unauthorized access to or misuse of the same; and (ii) enable you to review and edit the same.
• We use regular Malware Scanning.
• Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
• We implement a variety of security measures when a Customer enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
• However, we shall not be liable to any Customers for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to the Customers due to the unauthorized access or misuse of the Personal Information by any third party.
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When changes are made, the Policy link will include a notation “Revised (date).” indicating that you should review the new terms, which will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Platform after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Policy and any changes contained therein.
If you are concerned about the handling of your Personal Information, or if you have any complaints or queries related to your Personal Information or our Policy, please contact our grievances officer:
Edinora Office, TC 4/1518(1)
Mankuzhi, Pangappara post
Sreekaryam, Trivandrum, Kerala
Email id – email@example.com
The Grievance Officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, and the rules enacted under those laws.